Saturday, October 25, 2014

ASMSU bringing in Ne-Yo on heels of Macklemore show

Just a few days after Macklemore and Ryan Lewis rocked the Breslin Center, ASMSU, MSU’s undergraduate student government, is bringing another marquee performer to campus.

ASMSU announced today at 12:00 p.m. over its Twitter account that Ne-Yo will perform on April 11 at the Breslin Center. The concert will serve as an effort to boost student participation in ASMSU’s elections that will be held from April 8 to 15.

“Ne-Yo was really high on our list, we know Macklemore is up-and-coming and getting big but we know Ne-Yo has a huge fan base and will be able to bring fans from across the state,” ASMSU Director of Public Relations Haley Dunnigan said.

The ticket release date has yet to be determined but tickets are running at $30 for students and $40 for general public, Dunnigan said.

ASMSU is continuing to work out contract bylaws with a special guest to perform before Ne-Yo.

ASMSU will be planning many promotions to go with their elections and the concert, including free tickets for voting, Dunnigan said.

Ne-Yo is an R&B and Hip-Hop artist who has won multiple grammy awards for songs such as “Because of You” and “Miss Independent.”

ASMSU will be holding multiple activities and events during their election week, potentially including a carnival the weekend before the elections begin. The general assembly will vote next week to allocate the funds necessary to perform the carnival.