Gov. Rick Snyder attends Michigan delegation breakfast during Republican National Convention

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie leads morning reception, said Snyder's work in Michigan should be praised

Michigan governor Rick Snyder shakes New Jersey governor Chris Christie's hand during the Michigan delegation breakfast at the Embassy Suites, 513 South Florida Avenue, in Tampa, Florida on Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012. Christie, who spoke at the breakfast, stressed the importance of rallying support for Mitt Romney in the state. Julia Nagy/The State News
Michigan governor Rick Snyder shakes New Jersey governor Chris Christie's hand during the Michigan delegation breakfast at the Embassy Suites, 513 South Florida Avenue, in Tampa, Florida on Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012. Christie, who spoke at the breakfast, stressed the importance of rallying support for Mitt Romney in the state. Julia Nagy/The State News —
Photo by Julia Nagy | and Julia Nagy The State News

_TAMPA, Fla. —_ New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie gave the Michigan delegation a glimpse into what could be included in his highly-anticipated keynote address to the Republican National Convention tonight during a speech to the Michigan delegation early Tuesday morning. Christie spoke at a morning breakfast reception, where a packed banquet room met the rising GOP star with thunderous applause as he called on Michigan delegates to campaign hard for Mitt Romney to push him over the top in the state. Christie praised Gov. Rick Snyder, who was sitting in the audience, for his work in Michigan, touting him as an example for the rest of the country. He said Michigan has turned a corner in fixing its economy, and the rest of the country needs to follow suit.

With comedic timing seemed more like a late-night talk show opener than a political speech, Christie told a string of sitcom-like stories about his family life, which were met wild laughter from the audience. Christie quickly switched his tone to uplifting, telling a story about Romney playing with his young daughter at his home, when he visited to ask for an endorsement. His young daughter, vying for attention from Romney, began showing off cartwheels. Romney kindly ask her where she learned to do them and then took her out on the grass so she would not get hurt, Christie said. “It was the kind of thing that gives you a look into a man’s heart,” Christie said. "This is not some detached business person; this is an involved father and doting grandfather.” Christie will headline tonight’s program with Mitt Romney’s wife, Ann Romney. The two are a part of a more personal strategy the campaign in embracing, looking to change perception that Mitt Romney is cold and out of touch.

Share and discuss “Gov. Rick Snyder attends Michigan delegation breakfast during Republican National Convention” on social media.