As many seniors approach their final months at MSU, some might struggle with the infamous “senioritis.” The term has been rolling through schools since 1957 and it means, “an ebbing of motivation and effort by school seniors as evidenced by tardiness, absences, and lower grades,” according to Merriam-Webster dictionary.
After a mild start to the season, local winter sports businesses are finding ways to keep snow lovers on the slopes and spending money. This winter has been significantly milder than previous years, according to the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids. In December 2012, Lansing experienced an average temperature of 33.5 degrees — 5.2 degrees above the normal of 28.3 degrees.
Both teams took the national title at the 2012 NIRSA NCCS National Soccer Championship in Memphis, Tenn. this past weekend for the first time in MSU club soccer history. Many players believe that the national title and the exposure will help them not only motivate the members currently on the team, but also new players to tryout for the club.
- Upcoming recognition of Martin Luther King, Jr. recalls past struggles for campus equality
- Not such a small world after all
- Ethics under question
- Digital switch won’t happen right away
- Presidential tattoos senseless investment
- Miami fans storm court after victory against No. 13 Spartans
- Kill recovering from seizure suffered during MSU-Minnesota game
- Life photo gallery recalls "Game of the Century"
- U-M coach Brady Hoke resembles New Jersey governor
- Animal deaths preventable, should be taken seriously
- NHL lockout affecting former Spartans, fans