On the same stage he was introduced as director of athletics two years ago, Mark Hollis stood in the Clara Bell Smith Student-Athlete Academic Center and made one of the most groundbreaking announcements of his already influential tenure at MSU. Hollis, along with Todd Van Horne of Nike, introduced the athletic department’s brand and identity program Friday afternoon, which includes a new line of uniforms with consistent font, color, logos and numerals for all 25 varsity sports teams.
For the MSU baseball team, May 20, 2009, feels a whole lot more recent than 11 months ago. The final game — a crushing 16-5 loss in the first round of the Big Ten Tournament — in a four-game season sweep at the hands of Illinois still lingers for of head coach Jake Boss Jr.
- Field hockey, hockey teams to scrimmage
- Men’s soccer adds 2 to recruiting class
- Morgan shines at Portsmouth Invite
- Spartans' toughness unquestionable despite loss
- Butler enlists Lickliter for help
- What they're saying about expansion
- Allen hopes to be '80-85 percent' by Saturday
- MSU's good Indianapolis karma could be needed against Butler
- MSU's defense steps up in win
- Achter named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week
- Breakdown: MSU vs. Maryland
- Allen says ankle will be 'alright'
- More from the Flintstones
- Illinois fights off Wisconsin rally, advances to semis
- Michigan takes down Iowa in tourney opener
- Izzo's take on Lucas' NBA future
- MSU makes Harris, Sims nonfactors
- Cleaves gives his take on this year's team
- Big Ten power rankings
- Painter says Purdue's goals remain same for Sunday