Fifteen years ago, Kordell Stewart made waves with his athleticism as a multiple-weapon threat with the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers. On Tuesday, the opening day for MSU football spring practice, head coach Mark Dantonio seemed convinced the Spartans have found their own “Slash.”
Kalin Lucas ruptured his left Achilles tendon in MSU’s 85-83 second-round win over Maryland on Sunday in the NCAA Tournament, and the junior guard will miss the remainder of the NCAA Tournament, the MSU men’s basketball program announced in a statement. Head coach Tom Izzo said in a statement Monday that “there is no doubt he will make a full and complete recovery.” Recovery time is expected to be four to six months.
- Williams named 2nd-team all-USA
- Roe's surgery successful
- DeHaan earns All-America honors
- Gomez ends career with 3rd-place finish
- Gomez falls in semis
- Ager, Davis pick Spartans to win it all
- Salem tabbed as new running backs coach
- Keeping up with Ballinger, Davis and Torbert
- Predicting 3 MLB arbitration cases
- Shannon Brown to compete in NBA Dunk Contest
- For Nichol, the 'What if's' are many
- Thoughts on Kiffin's big move
- Enos will be missed greatly by MSU
- McGwire finally ready to talk about the past
- The first of many...
- Nix working on free throw problems
- NCAA Tournament moving to 96 teams?
- Wofford leaves impression on MSU
- Wofford latest Izzone casualty
- A team for the ages: More on the '99 Spartans