With members of the Izzone at hand on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, the MSU baseball team (23-17 overall, 7-7 Big Ten) broke out of its hitting slump to beat last place Northwestern 7-1 and take a 2-0 lead in the series. MSU sophomore starting pitcher Justin Alleman had a strong outing to improve to 5-1.
Attorney General Bill Schuette had a press conference addressing the 6-2 decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to uphold the Michigan Civil Rights Initiative, or the voter-approved ban on affirmative action in college admissions.
Beer and music — two things most coll ege students love — came together in harmony this past weekend during the Microbrew & Music Festival in downtown Lansing.
- MSU senior Drew Lied named Men’s Tennis Athlete of the Week
- Football schedule includes night game against Nebraska
- Breaking down the MTV Movie Awards
- Spartans stay resilient
- Alcohol shouldn't be sold to students at on-campus athletic events
- Zimmerman, DMX boxing match right to be canceled
- Following Super Bowl, MSU ties recognized
- MSU grad, ex-Lions staffer Gase playing key role for Denver coaching staff
- Weekend brings success for other MSU sports
- Too cold to go out? Check out the new releases on Netflix
- 'The Wolf of Wall Street' gets more Academy Awards nods than expected
- "The Bachelor" promotes false sense of reality