Monday, September 30, 2024

MSU students can submit short essay for chance at free Pistons-Suns tickets

<p>MSU students can win free Pistons-Suns tickets on Tuesday, Oct. 8 at Breslin Center. Photo courtesy of Shore Capital Partners.</p>

MSU students can win free Pistons-Suns tickets on Tuesday, Oct. 8 at Breslin Center. Photo courtesy of Shore Capital Partners.

MSU students have been offered the chance to win two free tickets to the Detroit Pistons vs. Phoenix Suns NBA preseason game at Breslin Center on Oct. 8 at 7 p.m.

Current students must submit an essay to this link, up to 100 words, sharing how "someone has made a meaningful difference in their life."

This offer was created by Shore Capital Partners, a private equity firm co-founded by Justin Ishbia, an MSU alumnus and brother of Phoenix Suns and Phoenix Mercury owner Mat Ishbia, who won the 2000 national championship with MSU men's basketball.

If granted, student will win two tickets to the game, one for themself and one for the person they wrote about.

There are 100 sets of tickets, so 200 total tickets will be given out. The deadline to enter is Oct. 3 at 5 p.m. The winners will receive an email with the game tickets by Oct. 6. 

Shore Capital Partners Chief Operating Officer Jeff Williams said this unique experience allows students to recognize who they love in their lives and hopefully take them to the game.

"We think by going out of your way to recognize somebody that had a positive influence in your life and spending time with them, it’s super meaningful," Williams said.

Williams said the Pistons and Suns are some of their favorite teams at Shore Capital Partners, with many members in the organization "Spartan die-hards." 

To submit an essay, click this link.

Share and discuss “MSU students can submit short essay for chance at free Pistons-Suns tickets” on social media.