Oregon State QB Aidan Chiles announces transfer to MSU, follows coach Jonathan Smith

Former Beavers football coach Jonathan Smith on the sidelines. Photo from Oregon State University Athletics.

After Oregon State starting true freshman quarterback Aidan Chiles entered the transfer portal, rumors were circulating on X, formerly known as Twitter, that the highly touted quarterback could be following head coach Jonathan Smith to East Lansing. Thursday afternoon, Aidan Chiles announced his official commitment to Michigan State, where he will likely be vying to fit in as the Spartans' new starting quarterback.

After losing three quarterbacks to the transfer portal, Michigan State was in desperate need of a new team leader in Chiles.

According to ESPN, the California native threw for 309 yards during his freshman season, rushed for 79 yards and logged three rushing and four passing touchdowns.

Chiles is a young duel-threat quarterback who played in nine games during this past season, posting a 7-2 record, only losing to Washington and Arizona. He had a high of 75 yards in Oregon State's game against Stanford. 

Share and discuss “Oregon State QB Aidan Chiles announces transfer to MSU, follows coach Jonathan Smith” on social media.