MSU men's basketball lands at No. 21 in week three of AP Poll

<p>Michigan State University freshman guard Jermey Fears Jr. (1) making an attempt to score against Alcorn State University at the Breslin Center on Nov. 19, 2023.</p>

Michigan State University freshman guard Jermey Fears Jr. (1) making an attempt to score against Alcorn State University at the Breslin Center on Nov. 19, 2023.

The Michigan State men's basketball team fell three spots in the AP Poll this week, going from No. 18 to No. 21 after losing to No. 9 Duke last Tuesday night in Chicago for the Champions Classic. 

The Spartans put up a tough fight, but ultimately could not overcome the Blue Devils in a 74-65 loss Tuesday night.

Once the Spartans travelled back to East Lansing, MSU was able to garner two wins at the Breslin Center to get above .500 this past weekend. The green and white dominated Butler in the Gavitt Games by a score of 74-54 and blew out Alcorn State 81-49 off a career high 17 points from sophomore guard Tre Holloman.

After severe shooting troubles for MSU to start the season, the past two games have seen improvement for the team.

The Spartans will have a chance to boost themselves back up in the rankings after starting fourth in the country to kick off the season this week in California against No. 3 Arizona. Tipoff is set for 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day in Palm Springs for the Acrisure Invitational.

Share and discuss “MSU men's basketball lands at No. 21 in week three of AP Poll” on social media.