Zac Kelly receives Big Ten Recognition for the Second week in a row.

<p>The American National Anthem plays as Michigan State University Men's Soccer prepares to compete against University of Dayton at DeMartin Soccer Complex on Sept. 7, 2023.</p>

The American National Anthem plays as Michigan State University Men's Soccer prepares to compete against University of Dayton at DeMartin Soccer Complex on Sept. 7, 2023.

Michigan State men's soccer sophomore goalie Zac Kelly was yet again named Big Ten Defensemen of the week Tuesday afternoon. The keeper also received recognition by being named to the Top Drawer Soccer honorable mention Team of the Week.

The Holt native is receiving these honors for his second week in a row, the first Spartan to ever earn back-to-back recognition. This week's award came following the team's games against Notre Dame and their first Big Ten match against Rutgers.

Last week’s Big Ten honor was Kelly's first recognition.

The goalie received his first honor following last weeks game against Villanova on Sept. 4 and against Dayton on Sept. 7. 

Fighting against Villanova, the Spartans fell 0-1 off of a penalty kick, but Kelly recorded three saves to seriously help out the team.

During the game against Dayton, Kelly recorded two saves, played the entire 90 minutes, and helped the team take another win on the season, defeating their opponents 1-0 and a clean sheet for the sophomore keeper.

Kelly had a total of four saves, and landed themselves a shutout of 1-0 last Tuesday against No. 10 Notre Dame for the team's first upset to a top 10 ranked team since 2018.

Kelly also had five saves against Rutgers, where they drew 1-1 to close out the Spartan's Big Ten opener on Sept. 17.

The Spartans are off to a great start this season, their best start since their 2018 season. The team begins the kickoff to a great MSU Homecoming weekend on Friday, Sept. 22 at DeMartian Stadium, as they set to take on their Big Ten home opener against the Indiana Hoosiers at 7:30 p.m. The game will also be streaming on Big Ten Plus.

Share and discuss “Zac Kelly receives Big Ten Recognition for the Second week in a row.” on social media.