Here is what's happening during MSU's homecoming week

Members of the MSU Color Guard wave their Spartan flags at the MSU Homecoming Parade on Oct. 14, 2022.

Students, family, alumni and faculty will join Michigan State University in the celebration of Homecoming 2023 with a host of events. The festivities will begin on Monday, Sept. 18 to Sunday, Sept. 24.

Monday, Sept. 18

The University Activities Board, or UAB, and Residence Halls Association will host a mystery hero movie night from 9 p.m to midnight at Wells Hall, room B115. Free giveaways, stickers and snacks will be available for students while supplies last. For more information, email UAB.

Tuesday, Sept. 19

To celebrate the start of fall, MSU will host a student brunch from 10 a.m. to noon in the Beaumont Tower Courtyard. MSU's Tower Guard and members of the College of Music will also be hosting a tour showcasing Beaumont Tower's history. Brunch and tours will be available at no cost and on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, contact University Activity Board Events Coordinator Emma Nicolaysen

From 8 p.m. to 9 p.m., Magician and Hypnotist Miss Uchawi will hold a night of hypnotism at the MSU Union Ballroom. Miss Uchawi has been seen on TEDx, the 2023 Grammys and 2022 World Cup commercials. This event is free for students.

Wednesday, Sept. 20

The eighth annual Exercise is Medicine On Campus, or EIM-OC, Healthy Homecoming Walk will be from 8 a.m to 2 p.m at Demonstration Hall field. EIM-OC, an organization that promotes exercise at universities around the country, and MSU campus partners will host trivial wheels, a bike ride around campus and more from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Participants can also walk quarter-mile laps around Demonstration Hall field's sidewalk in a friendly competition with other EIM-OC universities. Participation is open to all students, faculty, alumni and staff, and the first 100 people will receive a free prize.

The MSU Downtown Coaches Club will host a dinner event at Reno's East Sports Bar and Grill to hear from football team representatives. The event will take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., and attendance will cost $21 for members and $26 for non-members. For more information, contact MSU Downtown Coaches Club President Harriett Dean.

From 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Trivia with Zeke will be free to all students at the MSU Union Ballroom. Students can spin the wheel for Zeke-themed prizes and have the chance to pet him. For more information, contact University Activity Board Events Coordinator Emma Nicolaysen

Broadway Actress and Singer Mandy Gonzalez will perform at the Wharton Center for Performing Arts at 7:30 p.m. The cost of attendance is $45 for the public and $19 for students or youth. Gonzalez has performed in "Hamilton," "Wicked," featured in Disney's "Mulan" and more. Purchase tickets on the Wharton Center's website.

Thursday, Sept. 21

Stop by the Spartan Navigator event from 5 to 6:30 p.m. at Adams Field with Woody's Oasis catering to explore moving off campus, understanding leases and necessary amenities. The Spartan Navigator program supports second-year students outside of the classroom.

The University Activities Board will host "I Wanna Rock!", an '80s inspired rock 'n' roll event, at the Student Services Building Garden from 7 to 8:30 p.m. For free, students can listen to '80s music while participating in arts and crafts or eating treats and cookies. 

Friday, Sept. 22

MSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, or MSUCOM will host the Osteopathic Open, an alumni golf outing and football tailgate at Forest Akers' East golf course. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. and the shotgun will start at 9 a.m. Register online here. 

At 10 a.m., the St. John Student Center will host a Green & White Mass following with a social gathering at the St. John Student Lounge. The mass will be free for all alumni, students, faculty and staff. For more information, contact Director of Campus Ministry Anna Stankewitz.

The homecoming parade will begin at 6 p.m. through downtown East Lansing and MSU's campus. There will be performances from the Spartan Marching Band, Michigan high school marching bands, campus organizations and more. The parade will continue through rainy conditions unless there is thunder or lightning.

The "Homecoming Performance: And Those Spartans Play Good Ball" program will begin from 2 to 6 p.m. at the MSU Broad Art Museum. Performance Artist Mike Durkin will present his performance installation work focused on the intersection between sports, community, and art building. 

Saturday, Sept. 23

The "Homecoming Performance: And Those Spartans Play Good Ball" program will begn again from noon to 4 p.m.

From 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., the College of Veterinary Medicine will host a tailgate on Demonstration Hall field. There is no cost to attend, but registration is required. Contact Kelsie Donaldson, communications and alumni relations specialist, for more information.

MSU College of Law will host a free tailgate for law school alumni at the College of Law from 1 to 3 p.m. For more information, contact the Office of Advancement.

The MSU vs. University of Maryland game will kickoff at 3:30 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 24

Homecoming week will come to a close with a free interactive music, art and science experience at the W.J. Beal Botanical Garden. The "Music and the Garden" event will span from 1 to 4 p.m., featuring performances from the MSU College of Music groups and ensembles at 2 p.m., post-concert topics about plants and a performance by a graduate violinist.

Share and discuss “Here is what's happening during MSU's homecoming week” on social media.