MSU football adds transfer Jalen Sami, complementing post-spring secondary addition

A bag full of footballs rests on the sideline during the MSU football spring open practice, held at Spartan Stadium on April 15, 2023.

After losing Payton Thorne and potentially Keon Coleman to the transfer portal, Michigan State football received some positive transfer news Wednesday afternoon in the form of Colorado transfer Jalen Sami.

The 6'6", 330-pound interior defensive lineman has started in 32 of his 36 career games and has recorded 78 tackles, with 12 of them going for loss. He also has notched two and-a-half sacks and two forced fumbles during his time with the Buffaloes. 

Sami joins an already strong defensive line transfer class that includes redshirt sophomore Tunmise Adeleye, sixth-year Jarrett Jackson and graduate transfer Dre Butler

Prior to losing Thorne and Coleman to the portal, MSU was also able to land safety Cincinnati transfer Armorion Smith. The River Rouge native finished last season with 20 tackles and one interception in 12 games.

Sami and Smith will both provide depth in areas this fall that MSU's defense struggled mightily with last year.

Share and discuss “MSU football adds transfer Jalen Sami, complementing post-spring secondary addition” on social media.