Police ask for public assistance in attempted kidnapping near McDonel Hall

Outside of McDonel Hall, on May 4, 2022.
Outside of McDonel Hall, on May 4, 2022. —
Photo by Jared Osborne | The State News

The Michigan State Police is asking for information from the public about an attempted kidnapping case that occurred on Michigan State University's campus on Saturday, Feb. 11 in front of McDonel Hall.  

The incident occurred around 12 a.m. on Shaw Lane when a female was walking back to her dorm. An unknown suspect grabbed her from behind. She was physically assaulted before she was able to fight off the suspect, who fled the scene on foot, according to a statement released by MSP.

The suspect is believed to be a white male, police said.

MSP Lieutenant Rene Gonzalez said the department is looking for potential witnesses of the assault. 

“The main thing we're looking for is if there's anybody that maybe observed the attack and has any information on that — maybe someone knows who it is,” Gonzalez said. “It's just somebody knows something that can have anything that gives us assistance with the investigation.” 

As of right now, Gonzalez said, the assault appears to be a lone incident. MSP is also looking for anybody who knows of similar incidents to reach out to assist the investigation. 

“We don't know if this if there's been any other assaults. If anyone you know has had that same manner or something like that, feel free to call us and let us know as well,” Gonzalez said. “Because right now, it's a lone incident that we've heard of and so we're just looking for additional information to further the investigation.” 

MSP asks anyone with information to call the MSP Lansing Post at (517) 322-1907.

Share and discuss “Police ask for public assistance in attempted kidnapping near McDonel Hall” on social media.