A.J. Hodges enters transfer portal, Dylan St. Cyr and Miroslav Mucha sign pro deals

<p>Freshman forward A.J. Hodges (10) rushes to gain possession of the puck after the first puck drop of the game. The Badgers shut out the Spartans, 4-0, at Munn Ice Arena on March 5, 2021. </p>

Freshman forward A.J. Hodges (10) rushes to gain possession of the puck after the first puck drop of the game. The Badgers shut out the Spartans, 4-0, at Munn Ice Arena on March 5, 2021.

Another wheel has turned with a sixth Spartan entering the transfer portal. 

Junior forward A.J. Hodges is the latest addition to the portal, a team spokesperson confirmed to The State News

Hodges, a Littleton, Colorado native, played 66 games for the Spartans, 57 of which came in his freshman and sophomore seasons. He didn’t score a goal in his time at MSU, but recorded five assists and only took two penalties in his career

Hodges joins forwards Ryan Nolan, Jesse Tucker, Zach Dubinsky, Kyle Haskins and defenseman Powell Connor in the portal. Tucker and Dubinsky have already found new teams at Clarkson and Vermont, respectively

Elsewhere, Michigan State graduate transfers Dylan St. Cyr and Miroslav Mucha signed professional deals. St. Cyr signed an amateur tryout deal with the Grand Rapids Griffins, while Mucha signed with the ECHL's Greenville Swamp Rabbits, making them the sixth and seventh Spartans to sign pro deals in the last week

St. Cyr transferred from Quinnipiac after spending four previous seasons with Notre Dame. He was one of most impactful additions made by new head coach Adam Nightingale, starting all but one game in net this season while being an honorable mention All-Big Ten. One of St. Cyr's competitors will be former Spartan John Lethemon, who has played in two games for the Griffins this season

Mucha transferred to MSU last spring from Lake Superior State and was named team captain. He appeared in all 38 games this season for the Spartans, scoring seven goals and making 17 assists as a middle-six forward

In addition, senior forward Erik Middendorf made his ECHL debut Wednesday night with the Adirondack Thunder. He wasted no time scoring his first professional goal off a rebound in the third period.

Share and discuss “A.J. Hodges enters transfer portal, Dylan St. Cyr and Miroslav Mucha sign pro deals” on social media.