Names of two victims of MSU shooting released

A student runs home after being released from the shelter-in-place during the mass shooting on Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 Michigan State University’s North Neighborhood.
A student runs home after being released from the shelter-in-place during the mass shooting on Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 Michigan State University’s North Neighborhood. —
Photo by Chloe Trofatter | The State News

Police have released the names of two victims of the Monday night mass shooting on Michigan State University's campus. The shooting left three people dead and five people in critical condition. 

Police confirmed Alexandria Verner to be one of the three victims.

Verner was a junior at MSU and a 2020 graduate of Clawson High School.

"Alex was and is incredibly loved by everyone. She was a tremendous student, athelete, leader and exemplified kindness every day of her life," Clawson Public Schools Superintendent Billy Shellenbarger wrote in an email to families in the district. 

Shellenbarger said Verner's parents and two siblings are grieving but felt the support of the community.

"If you knew her, you loved her and we will forever remember the lasting impact she has had on all of us," Shellenbarger said.

Police confirmed sophomore Brian Fraser, from Grosse Pointe, is one of the three victims.

Fraser was the president of the Phi Delta Theta fraternity at MSU. 

The identity of the third victim is currently being withheld per the family's wishes. 

"With respect to the family’s wishes, we will not be releasing the third victim’s name at this time. We sincerely ask the media and community members to respect the families’ privacy," MSUPD said in a statement. 

Five victims currently remain in the hospital in critical condition.

MSUPD shared the following resources for students in light of this information:

Resources are also available at the Hannah Community Center on Abbot Road in East Lansing.

Share and discuss “Names of two victims of MSU shooting released” on social media.