Saturday, May 4, 2024

MSU men's basketball game vs. Minnesota postponed following fatal on-campus shooting

<p>Breslin center with snow Jan. 25, 2023</p>

Breslin center with snow Jan. 25, 2023

The Michigan State men’s basketball game versus Minnesota scheduled for Wednesday night at the Breslin Center has been postponed. The move is in wake of Monday night’s fatal on-campus shooting that has killed three and injured five MSU students.

MSU announced Monday night that all university activities including athletics are canceled at least through Wednesday. Interim President Teresa Woodruff updated Tuesday morning that all classes have been canceled for the remainder of the week.

Michigan State men’s tennis’ home match scheduled for Wednesday night versus Drake is also postponed. The women’s basketball team is scheduled to play at Purdue Wednesday night, though it is uncertain at this time whether or not that game has been postponed.  

It is also unclear as of Tuesday morning whether or not the Spartans’ matchups will be rescheduled. MSU men’s basketball has five other regular season games on the schedule, including a meeting at Michigan slated for Saturday night and a home game Tuesday Feb. 21 versus Indiana.

The only other scheduled MSU home game for the remainder of the week is a women’s basketball game versus Maryland on Saturday afternoon.

More information is expected to be released throughout the day. 

Share and discuss “MSU men's basketball game vs. Minnesota postponed following fatal on-campus shooting” on social media.