UPDATE: Missing student, Nicole Kuang, has been found by MSU Police

Nicole Kuang, pictured, was reported missing on May 7, 2022. Photo Courtesy of MSU Police and Public Safety.
Nicole Kuang, pictured, was reported missing on May 7, 2022. Photo Courtesy of MSU Police and Public Safety. —

Nicole Kuang, a 22-year-old Michigan State University student, is missing.

MSU Police and Public Safety, in a press release, said Kuang last spoke to her family on May 7, at 10 a.m.

Kuang was last seen at Gilchrist Hall wearing a light-blue zip-up sweatshirt, a light red or pink shirt, black shorts with red and white writing on the left leg and black and white converse shoes.

Kuang sent her family an invitation to a graduation ceremony at Spartan Stadium.

However, when Kuang's family arrived on campus, they were unable to locate her. In addition, Kuang's family found out she was not eligible to graduate.

Kuang is 5'5'' and 120 pounds. She may or may not be wearing glasses.

According to the press release, investigators mobilized search teams this weekend and followed up on other investigative leads. Video camera footage around the date and time Kuang was last seen was reviewed.

“MSU Police and Public Safety is working every possible angle of this case swiftly and meticulously and the priority right now is reuniting this family with their daughter and sister,” the release said.

Kuang was located safe by MSUPD on May 9. No criminal activity is involved.

In an email statement to The State News, Public Information Officer, Chris Rozman said Kuang's family was notified.

"We appreciate the support of the community and those who shared our message," he said.

Editor's Note: This article was updated Monday evening when Kuang was found safe.

Share and discuss “UPDATE: Missing student, Nicole Kuang, has been found by MSU Police ” on social media.