Dope Deals: East Lansing dispensaries offering discounts for 4/20

<p>Cannabis buds photographed on March 11, 2019.</p>

Cannabis buds photographed on March 11, 2019.

April 20, or 4/20, is known as the marijuana holiday, World Weed Day.

In 1971 at California's San Rafael High School, a group of high school students started calling themselves The Waldos. They met each day at 4:20 p.m. to smoke weed and look for cannabis plants. As recreational marijuana usage was not yet legal in California, and remains illegal for those under the age of 21, the Waldos began using 420 as a code for weed.

The term caught fire, and 4/20 is now a cause for celebration for some East Lansing residents. To help get you in the spirit, here's a compilation of deals from dispensaries in town.

Skymint

Skymint is offering a "Get 420 Ready" deal specifically for the occasion. This deal includes $15 NORTH eighths and four for $20 SKYMINT pre-rolls.

This deal is among several other running deals which can be found on the company's website.

Pincanna

Pincanna is offering a variety of recreational and medicinal marijuana sales for 4/20.

Recreational deals include:

• $39 Smallz half ounces — Kush Mints
  • $75 Smallz ounces — select strains only, limit one per customer
  • Four for $20 one gram PreRolls — Darren McCarty
  • Two for $35 3.5 grams — Fruit & Fuel, limit two per customer
  • $40.20 Trimz ounces

Deals for vapes, concentrates and edibles include:

• Nine for $99 one gram Carts — Crude Boys & Choice Drip, limit nine per customer
  • $25 one gram Carts - Mitten Extracts
  • Three for $60 one gram Live Resin — High Five;
  • $40.20 one gram Live Resin — Full Spectrum, select strains only
  • Four for $20 Darren McCarty Gummies

Pincanna is also offering a different set of deals for medical customers. These deals include:

• All Barker Wellness Co. products are buy one, get one for 40% off
  • Four for $20 one gram PreRolls - Darren McCarty
  • $4.20 grams — select strains only, limit four per customer

Vapes, concentrates and edibles:

• $25 one gram Carts — Mitten Extracts
  • Three for $60 one gram Live Resin — High Five
  • Four for $20 Choice Chews

If you spend $50, you can enter a raffle for a chance to win a Puffco, Budsy Bottle with an eighth or a commemorative tee and $75 product voucher. This offer runs until April 24 with a limit of one entry per day.

Other deals can be found on the Pincanna website.

Pleasantrees

While 4/20 is typically only a day-long celebration, Pleasantrees is offering a 10-day sale, which ends on April 23. The main attraction is a "Buy One, Get One for a Penny" deal on Pleasantrees, Gud Nuff, White Boy Rick and Wholesale Smoke products, flower only.

They are also offering the same deal on select third-party products, including Mitten Extracts carts and gummies, select 5-10 carts, Drip carts, Tarantulas, all Cresco products, Wyld gummies, Levitate gummies, Wana gummies and MKX gummies.

Other deals include a spend $50 on any Terdz Products, get a Terdz Pre-roll for a penny deal; a buy a full-size Cannabis PM Gummy, get a single dose for a penny deal; and a free Cliq battery when purchasing select Cliq Pods.

4/20 is also Wyld vendor day from 5-8 p.m. Other running deals can be found on the Pleasantrees website.

Share and discuss “Dope Deals: East Lansing dispensaries offering discounts for 4/20” on social media.