Restaurant with 'Best Wings in Michigan' coming to Grand River

<p>Hot garlic wings from Detroit Wing Company. Photo courtesy of Near Perfect Media. </p>

Hot garlic wings from Detroit Wing Company. Photo courtesy of Near Perfect Media.

Wing lovers can rejoice because East Lansing is getting a new wing joint on Grand River.

Detroit Wing Company is expected to open later this year, where they will offer a selection of wings tossed with one of their 19 signature sauces.

The Detroit Wing Company was founded in Eastpointe, Michigan, by Gus Malliaras. The company’s website states that their mission is “to provide our customers with the highest quality wings and sauces available—anywhere.” Following tremendous success, the restaurant has opened 12 locations across Michigan since its founding in 2015.

Now, Detroit Wing Company is coming to East Lansing.

Bill Marchiori is a co-owner of the East Lansing location of Detroit Wing Company. A friend of Malliaras, Marchiori has watched the Detroit Wing Company grow since its beginnings.

“We have watched him over the years develop and have a passion and a drive for creating the Detroit Wing Company,” Marchiori said.

That passion has led to widespread praise of the Detroit Wing Company, including being named the “Best Wings in Michigan” by BuzzFeed, Esquire Magazine, Men’s Health and MSNBC, according to the Detroit Wing Company website.

“We’ve watched him grow, we’ve watched him have great success with his wonderful wings and his hospitality, and we were fortunate that we were able to get a franchise in the location that we had always wanted in East Lansing,” Marchiori said.

Part of what makes Detroit Wing Company special are the signature sauces originally developed by Malliaras.

“He spent a lot of years researching and coming up with the 19 scratch sauces that he uses,” Marchiori said.

Each of the sauces are made from scratch every morning from all natural ingredients with no added preservatives, MSG or artificial flavorings.

East Lansing’s Detroit Wing Company will be located at 437 E Grand River Ave., in the location formerly occupied by Blaze Pizza. According to Marchiori, construction on the restaurant is expected to start this spring, with the restaurant looking to open its doors this summer or fall.

For those looking to get wings from the comfort of their own home, Marchiori says the Detroit Wing Company will offer delivery services through platforms like DoorDash and Grubhub.

Marchiori, who said his family includes dozens of Spartan alumni, is looking forward to delivering more than just great wings.

“We’re looking forward not only to having a really nice successful Detroit Wing Company, but just being part of the community,” Marchiori said.

Share and discuss “Restaurant with 'Best Wings in Michigan' coming to Grand River” on social media.