MSU Culinary Services announces new dining options, exiting methods

<p>Students sit socially distanced in The Edge dining hall at Akers Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021.</p>

Students sit socially distanced in The Edge dining hall at Akers Tuesday, Jan. 19, 2021.

Photo by Rahmya Trewern | The State News

With the return of in-person classes on Jan. 31, Michigan State University Culinary Services announced updated guidelines for dining on-campus via an email to residents on Jan. 28.

One of the biggest changes is the suspension of non-mobile takeout options at residence hall dining facilities, which were available during the virtual start to spring semester. Mobile ordering for takeout orders will still be available, as well as the Combo-X-Change program.

The Landon Hall and Shaw Hall shuttles, which transported students to alternative dining options throughout campus, will continue through March 4. However, Culinary Services clarified that this service may be suspended prematurely if demand declines.

Three retail locations on-campus will reopen. 

• The Workshop at the STEM Teaching and Learning Facility and Starbucks at Wells Hall will be open Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.

• The Bigby location in the MSU Union will reopen a day later on Feb. 1, with hours 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.

Numerous retail locations throughout campus also expanded hours.

• Starbucks and Sparty’s Market at 1855 Place will now be open until 6 p.m.

• Panera at Minskoff Pavilion will now be open from 7 a.m. to 8 pm.

Share and discuss “MSU Culinary Services announces new dining options, exiting methods” on social media.