MSU provides additional on-campus COVID testing at Spartan Stadium

<p>Spartan Stadium has converted into a COVID-19 testing facility to allow students living on or near campus to get tested. The entrance to the testing center is located at Gate B. Shot on Sept. 23, 2020.</p>

Spartan Stadium has converted into a COVID-19 testing facility to allow students living on or near campus to get tested. The entrance to the testing center is located at Gate B. Shot on Sept. 23, 2020.

Photo by Lauren DeMay | The State News

According to a statement sent to the Michigan State community, MSU health care is partnering with Grand Rapids-based NXGen MDx to provide additional campus testing for COVID-19 variants, influenza and respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV. 

Testing will be available at Spartan Stadium beginning on Dec.15. It will be available to students, community members and the general public. The new site can be accessed through Gate B of Spartan Stadium.

The hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday with a lunch break at 1:00-1:45 p.m. People can expect results as soon as 9 a.m the next morning. 

Parking will be available in Lot 79, the stadium's parking lot. 

The cost of a test at the location will be billable to insurance for those who are asymptomatic. Uninsured patients are covered by the CARES Act. 

Walk-ins are accepted, but students can also schedule an appointment by going to the NxGen scheduler, picking a date and time and checking in upon arrival. 

Share and discuss “MSU provides additional on-campus COVID testing at Spartan Stadium” on social media.