Interim title IX coordinator announced, Jachimiak steps down unannounced

<p>MSU's classic green lamps illuminate campus and add to the historic look of North Neighborhood and central campus.&nbsp;</p>

MSU's classic green lamps illuminate campus and add to the historic look of North Neighborhood and central campus. 

Photo by Chloe Trofatter | The State News

Michigan State University President Samuel L. Stanley Jr. announced in an email sent Friday afternoon Nicole Schmidtke will temporarily be serving as Title IX Coordinator for the University. Schmidtke is replacing Tanya Jachimiak as Title IX Coordinator. 

“I thank Nicole for stepping into this role,” Stanley wrote in the email. “This does not change how you contact the office of institutional Equity.”

According to the email, the Title IX coordinator can be reached with any inquiries about Title IX at MSU or make a report at 408 W. Circle Drive Olds Hall, Suite 105 East Lansing, MI 48824, by calling (517) 355-3960 or emailing OIE.nicoleschmidtke@msu.edu.

Vice President and University Spokesperson Emily Guerrant did not comment on the reason as to why Jachimiak is no longer serving as Title IX Coordinator, but said she is still employed at the university.

“She (Jachimiak) is still employed at the University,” Guerrant said. “She is on leave.”

Guerrant said it is premature to comment if Jachimiak will be given a new position at MSU.

“Since it is a personal matter, we’re gonna kind of let that process play itself out,” Guerrant said.

Guerrant said the Federal Office for Civil Rights, or OCR, requires MSU to notify the entire campus anytime there is a change in the university's Title IX office. 

“It’s a personnel matter and I’m really not going to comment beyond that,” Guerrant said. 

Editor's note: This article was updated on Oct. 5 at 12:15 p.m. to add that Jachimiak is still employed at MSU.

Share and discuss “Interim title IX coordinator announced, Jachimiak steps down unannounced” on social media.