Disney's 'Frozen' coming to Wharton Center in 2022

Caroline Innerbichler as Anna, Caroline Bowman as Elsa, and the Company of Frozen North American Tour. Photo Courtesy of the Wharton Center.
Caroline Innerbichler as Anna, Caroline Bowman as Elsa, and the Company of Frozen North American Tour. Photo Courtesy of the Wharton Center. —
Photo by Deen van Meer | The State News

Tickets for Broadway's “Frozen” at the Wharton Center for Performing Arts go on sale Friday, Oct. 22 at 10 a.m. Tickets start at $22 dollars.

The musical will premiere at the Wharton Center on Wednesday, Jan. 26 2022, and will run for two weeks, concluding on Sunday, Feb. 6. 

"Frozen" will play Tuesdays through Thursdays at 7:30 p.m., Fridays at 8 p.m., Saturdays at 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. and Sundays at 1 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.

“It's just so much fun, and so much theater magic that happens on stage,” Wharton Center Public Relations Manager Bob Hoffman said. “They have sumptuous sets, gorgeous costumes and really, honestly, the special effects are out of this world. You are going to be wowed by the special effects.”

The show is based on the Disney animated feature of the same name. It brings audience members on the journey of two sisters, Elsa and Anna, as they navigate through the challenges of Elsa’s magical ice powers to save the kingdom of Arendelle from an eternal winter.

The Tony-nominated Best Musical features songs from the original film, but has an expanded score with a dozen new numbers.

The Broadway production of “Frozen” shut down in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, and Disney confirmed that it would not be returning to the Broadway stage once Broadway reopened, but instead, would begin a North American tour.

The show did quite well in New York City, breaking theatre house records at the St. James Theatre prior to completing its run.

“I think MSU students are going to love it, because we all know the music. It's the music that we've heard, and it's popular, and so, you're gonna love the music, so you'll know that," Hoffman said. "But, the story's incredible too. I don't care if you're 16 to 98 to 100, you're still going to love the story. It's timeless."

"Frozen" is the second show in Wharton Center's 2022 Broadway Series. It follows "Cats" and will be followed by "Mean Girls," "Hamilton," "Dear Evan Hansen," and "Ain't Too Proud."

All visitors entering the Wharton Center are required to wear a mask, but other COVID-19 policies may be in place at the time of the shows.

These policies may include practices such as proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or proof of a negative COVID-19 test, temperature checks, confirmation of prior travel to high risk areas and/or confirmation of no known symptoms or exposure to COVID-19.

Wharton Center will communicate current COVID-19 policies directly to the person who made the ticket purchase, as Wharton Center will not be offering socially distanced seating. If a ticket holder becomes ill, they can contact the Wharton Center box office for up to three days prior to the show for a refund.

Share and discuss “Disney's 'Frozen' coming to Wharton Center in 2022” on social media.