Weather warning in Lansing and surrounding areas

<p>Associate head coach Mark Van Ameyde talks to team members in the dugout during a rain delay before the start of the game against Central Michigan on May 13, 2014, at Comerica Park in Detroit. The Chippewas defeated the Spartans, 7-4. Danyelle Morrow/The State News</p>

Associate head coach Mark Van Ameyde talks to team members in the dugout during a rain delay before the start of the game against Central Michigan on May 13, 2014, at Comerica Park in Detroit. The Chippewas defeated the Spartans, 7-4. Danyelle Morrow/The State News

Photo by Danyelle Morrow | The State News

This summer has been one for the books when it comes to weather. More specifically, rain and wind storms.

Hazardous storms with high wind levels are planning to hit Lansing and surrounding cities tonight and tomorrow.

According to the WILX website, a thunderstorm will track into Michigan from Wisconsin around midnight. The site also said rainfall is expected to fall more than an inch and hour with storms that may "impact the Thursday morning commute."

Local meteorologists have recommended that residents in the area take cover just in case.

"The risk of destructive weather is so high that forecasters were asking residents to consider sleeping in an interior part of their homes because they may not have enough time to take cover," meteorologist Brandon Hoving told Lansing State Journal.

For more weather updates, visit the National Weather Service site here.

Share and discuss “Weather warning in Lansing and surrounding areas” on social media.