Northeastern point guard Tyson Walker transfers to Michigan State

An entrance to the lower bowl in the Breslin Center. Photographed on Feb. 25, 2021.
An entrance to the lower bowl in the Breslin Center. Photographed on Feb. 25, 2021. —
Photo by Alyte Katilius | The State News

Northeastern guard Tyson Walker has made his decision, and Head Coach Tom Izzo has a new member on his roster after losing Jack Hoiberg to the transfer portal earlier in the week.

Walker announced his commitment to the Spartans by tweeting a picture of him repping the traditional green and white. He chose MSU over Maryland, Texas, Kansas, Vanderbilt and Miami.

During the 2020-21 campaign, at Northeastern, the 6-foot sophomore was averaging 18.8 points, shooting 44.4% from the field, 35.4% from 3-point land and 77.2% from the line, and 2.9 rebounds.

He is now the 15th scholarship player set to compete for MSU, which exceeds the NCAA maximum by two.

It is currently unknown whether Walker will be eligible to play right away or not. NCAA rules typically require players to sit out, but last year every transfer was granted immediate eligibility, and the NCAA is still considering legislation that would eliminate the traditional sit-out requirement, MLive reported.

Share and discuss “Northeastern point guard Tyson Walker transfers to Michigan State” on social media.