Elissa Slotkin to come to next ASMSU meeting

<p>Taylor Sullivan, a visibility volunteer for Elissa Slotkin, hands out pins outside of the South Washington Elections Unit in Lansing, Michigan, on Nov. 3, 2020.</p>

Taylor Sullivan, a visibility volunteer for Elissa Slotkin, hands out pins outside of the South Washington Elections Unit in Lansing, Michigan, on Nov. 3, 2020.

Photo by Alyte Katilius | The State News

The Associated Students of Michigan State University announced that U.S. House Rep. Elissa Slotkin will be at the next General Assembly meeting on Thursday, April 1.

Slotkin serves Michigan’s 8th Congressional District, including Ingham, Livingston and North Oakland Counties.

Affordable access to healthcare, lowering the price of prescription drugs and protecting access to clean water are a few of the goals in Slotkin’s mission to serve the residents of Michigan’s 8th district, according to her website.

She worked with the CIA as a Middle East analyst after completing graduate school. She has worked closely with the U.S. military under former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama in defense and intelligence positions and later at the Pentagon.

MSU students are encouraged to submit questions for Slotkin through an online form. ASMSU President Abii-Tah Bih will ask questions for Slotkin with acknowledgment to the student. Attendance at the General Assembly meeting is not required to submit a question.

Contact ASMSU's Vice President of Governmental Affairs Matt Apostle at vpga@asmsu.msu.edu with any questions regarding the upcoming meeting.

Share and discuss “Elissa Slotkin to come to next ASMSU meeting” on social media.