Michigan State men's soccer season set to begin Feb. 19

<p>Then-junior midfielder Michael Miller (18) and Maryland then-freshman midfielder Justin Harris (20) fight for the ball during the game against the Terrapins at DeMartin Stadium on Oct. 11, 2019. The Spartans tied the Terrapins, 1-1.</p>

Then-junior midfielder Michael Miller (18) and Maryland then-freshman midfielder Justin Harris (20) fight for the ball during the game against the Terrapins at DeMartin Stadium on Oct. 11, 2019. The Spartans tied the Terrapins, 1-1.

Photo by Connor Desilets | The State News

The Michigan State men’s soccer schedule for the 2021 season was released by head coach Damon Rensing after the fall season was delayed.

The Spartans will be competing in 10 conference-only games.

MSU will play every Big Ten team once and will compete against Michigan and Ohio State twice. The schedule looks as follows:

February:

Feb. 19 versus Rutgers

Feb. 23 at Michigan

Feb. 27 at Penn State

March: 

March 3 versus Ohio State

March 11 versus Northwestern

March 15 at Indiana

March 19 at Maryland

March 23 versus Michigan

March 31 versus Wisconsin

April:

April 4 at Ohio State

The season will begin Feb. 19 as the Spartans will host the Scarlet Knights. Following this, the Spartans will hit the road to compete against Michigan and Penn State. Men's soccer will end the regular season on an away game against Ohio State in their second meeting.

Kickoff times and venues will be announced at a later date, MSU Athletics said in a release. Per guidelines set by the Big Ten, the public, beyond student-athletes', families are not permitted for 2021 at home games in East Lansing.

Share and discuss “Michigan State men's soccer season set to begin Feb. 19” on social media.