'Hamilton' to return to the Wharton Center for 2021-2022 season

<p>The Wharton Center photographed on Aug. 23, 2019.</p>

The Wharton Center photographed on Aug. 23, 2019.

Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

“Hamilton” will be returning to the Wharton Center for the 2021-2022 season, according to a video released Monday. 

Dates for the performances and ticket sales have yet to be announced.

The full 2021-22 season will likely be announced in late spring, at which point tickets will become available by subscription, Wharton Center Marketing and Group Sales Manager Tara Peplowski said in an email. Single tickets will be made available sometime following the subscription release. 

“We’ll be back, so put those masks up and the curtain will go up and we’ll see you soon,” Warren Egypt Franklin, who plays Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson in the Philip Cast of “Hamilton”, said in the announcement

In a short video, Wharton Center Executive Director Mike Brand addressed patrons announcing the upcoming opening for fall 2021. Because the industry was totally shut down, he said, everything needs to be reinvigorated, restarted and the producers need to raise money from ground zero to start their productions over again. 

The industry has been guided by top medical advice, Brand said, and has been given a clear sign that it will be possible to open at full seating capacity by September of the coming season.

“That is the light at the end of the tunnel and we’re very excited that our whole industry is cranking up and ready to open in fall 2021,” Brand said.

The season will open with a musical production of “Pretty Woman” on Sept. 14-19. Productions of “Cats” and “Frozen” were showcased in the season’s announcement video, but dates are presently unannounced. 

Share and discuss “'Hamilton' to return to the Wharton Center for 2021-2022 season” on social media.