2 children, 1 adult dead after Lansing house fire

<p>Lansing Capitol building on Sept. 19, 2019. </p>

Lansing Capitol building on Sept. 19, 2019.

The Lansing Fire Department, or LFD, responded to a report of a house fire near midnight Thursday, according to a LFD press release.

Crews responded to the house, a small single story, which was found with heavy fire coming from the front and side windows, according to the statement. The house is located on Elizabeth Street.

Crews made entry and battled the fire; however, search operations found all three victims dead, the statement said.

The victims included a 53-year-old female, an eight-year-old male and a four-year-old male, according to the release. Names will be withheld until authorities can notify the family and confirm identities of the victims.

The Ingham County Medical Examiner's Office will perform autopsies Friday, the release said. The Lansing Fire Marshal Division and Lansing police are investigating the cause of the fire.

"Additional information will be released as it becomes available," the statement said.

LFD Assistant Chief Michael Tobin could not be reached for comment at the time of publication.

Share and discuss “2 children, 1 adult dead after Lansing house fire” on social media.