Friday, July 26, 2024

Paulette Granberry Russell to shift administrative roles

Executive Management Director for the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives Paulette Russell speaks at a BSA Community Forum at Akers Hall on Oct. 22, 2019.

President Samuel L. Stanley Jr. announced in an email to his senior leadership team Friday that senior advisor to the president for diversity Paulette Granberry Russell will be transitioning within the next year or two, according to Emily Guerrant, MSU's spokesperson.

"We are launching an official search process for that chief diversity officer and she will stay on in her current role as the head of I3 (Office for Inclusion and Intercultural Initiatives) and the vice president until a new chief diversity officer is selected," Guerrant said.

Russell, former MSU Title IX coordinator, is a key witness in the trial of Ex-MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon, who is charged with lying to police about knowledge of Larry Nassar's sexual abuse.

After the search process concludes, Russell will serve as a special adviser to the president, Guerrant said.

The process for searching for a chief diversity officer is already underway, with the a search firm being contacted and people are beginning to be gathered to form a committee, she said.

Share and discuss “Paulette Granberry Russell to shift administrative roles” on social media.