Special hours for election in East Lansing clerk's office Nov. 2

<p>East Lansing City Hall on July 3, 2018.</p>

East Lansing City Hall on July 3, 2018.

Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

As the Nov. 5 2019 General City Election approaches, the East Lansing City Clerk’s office has set special hours for residents to come and register to vote or apply for absentee ballots.  

On Saturday, Nov. 2, the clerk’s office will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for residents looking to do last minute registrations. 

When Proposal Three passed in November 2018, which allowed Michigan citizens to apply for absentee ballots with no questions asked. Prior to this proposal being passed, to vote via absentee ballot you needed a valid reason. The last day you can mail your absentee ballot will be this Friday. 

Also, an absentee ballot drop box has been placed in the north parking lot of the East Lansing City Hall if you are in a rush and don’t want to exit your vehicle. 

First time voting? Here is some basic information you will need for election day: 

• Polls open at 7 a.m., close at 8 p.m.

• Every voter must provide a photo ID at the polls or sign an affidavit saying that they do not currently have a photo ID in possession 

• Check out this website to see where you vote and view a sample ballot 

Any additional election information can be found here at the City of East Lansing’s website.

Share and discuss “Special hours for election in East Lansing clerk's office Nov. 2” on social media.