This is who you should room with based on your astrological sign

amb-headshots2019-13

What does your zodiac sign have to do with roommate compatibility?

Everything.

Allow this to be a guide in your quest to find a roomie for the upcoming semester or school year!

Aries

Aries are eager, dynamic people. 

A potential challenge you might face in living with a roommate is listening to opinions that might not align with your beliefs. 

You might want a roommate who balances out your high amount of energy.

Sign(s) you should room with: Gemini, Taurus, Virgo

Taurus

Typically trustworthy and intelligent, as a Taurus, you value honesty and tend to want to block out drama in relationships.

Although you're determined and hardworking, you might not have the motivation to do things that others demand of you. 

Sign(s) you should room with: Aries, Cancer, Sagittarius

Gemini

As a Gemini, you're good about reading social cues and adjusting your attitudes accordingly. An issue that might appear in a roommate scenario is bottling up your feelings when disagreements arise between you and your roommate.

And — no offense — but Geminis can sometimes come across as two-faced. This might cause problems with roommates who aren’t as adept at dealing with conflict.

Sign(s) you should room with: Aries, Scorpio

Cancer

Cancers are filled with emotion and intuition — they can read those vibes.

Because you can easily detect others' feelings and emotions, you might run into problems with assuming others can too. People can't read your mind. You might have to confront your fears and address your emotions.

Sign(s) you should room with: Taurus

Leo

Leos are a fire sign! They're bold, brave and blunt.

As a Leo, you like to lead, so you might take on trying to coordinate activities with your roommate. 

Sign(s) you should room with: Pisces, Sagittarius

Virgo

Virgos are known to be kind, creative, smart and optimistic. 

You might come across as shy at first, but you're totally not shy at all! It just takes a while for you to warm up to people.

You're probably the roommate who wants everything in your room to be perfect and DIY-inspired.

Sign(s) you should room with: Aquarius, Aries, Capricorn, Libra

Libra

Libras are air signs, and they're known for being incredibly loyal, responsible and maybe a little indecisive. 

As a Libra, you might benefit from having a roommate who balances out your creative ideas and indecisiveness and provides you with more concrete ideas and motivation.

Sign(s) you should room with: Capricorn, Sagittarius, Scorpio, Virgo

Scorpio

Known for being independent, intimidating, intense and seductive, Scorpios might need a roommate who is outgoing and able to handle these qualities.

You might not be great at releasing and showing your emotions — you tend to hide them from people. But you’re good about telling it how it is.

Sign(s) you should room with: Gemini, Libra

Sagittarius

Ah, the Archer. You're probably adventurous, creative, brave and resilient. 

You're independent and don't mind getting things done on your own.

You might want a roommate who makes an effort to reach out because you might not. 

Sign(s) you should room with: Aquarius, Capricorn, Leo, Libra, Taurus

Capricorn

Capricorns are hardworking, diligent, practical, organized and maybe stubborn — but usually for good reasons. 

In a roommate, you might want someone who can help you think outside the box and challenge your perspectives.

Sign(s) you should room with: Aquarius, Libra, Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo

Aquarius

Aquarius are quirky, unique people. They're definitely dreamers.

Essentially, as long as someone isn't a meanie, you'll get through rooming with them one way or another. 

However, you might want to look for roommates in terms of what you would want in a friend. 

Sign(s) you should room with: Aquarius, Capricorn, Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo

Pisces

They're known as the sensitive, empathetic ones. Pisces want to be everyone's friend. 

As a Pisces, you might want a roommate who will be there to listen to you vent once you get home from class. And you'll want to be there to listen to your roommate's problems, too.

Sign(s) you should room with: Aquarius, Capricorn, Leo

This story is part of our fall 2019 housing guide. Find more stories about on and off campus living in this week's print edition of The State News, or click here.

Share and discuss “This is who you should room with based on your astrological sign” on social media.