Your guide to finding a job on Michigan State's campus

<p>Vegan and vegetarian options are prepared at &quot;Veg Out&quot; at Case Dining Hall on Sept. 4, 2018. Culinary Services workers, along with 700 Residential and Hospitality Services student employees were placed on leave starting Oct. 4, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.</p>

Vegan and vegetarian options are prepared at "Veg Out" at Case Dining Hall on Sept. 4, 2018. Culinary Services workers, along with 700 Residential and Hospitality Services student employees were placed on leave starting Oct. 4, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

The school year has begun and jobs are being posted. But the question is, where do you begin? Here's a guide that provides open jobs available on campus.

Handshake is a tool to find jobs and internships on and off campus. To sign up for Handshake, enter your MSU email and follow the prompts.

A calendar regarding career fairs for specific majors is provided by Career Network.

Here are just a few jobs that are hiring currently on the RHS Employment website. Other ways to find out about jobs include subscribing to your college’s emails and newsletters.

1. Sparty's: Sales Associate/Barista

Duties: Serve fellow Spartans as a cashier in one of many Sparty's on campus. Students also will prepare food and beverages while also stocking the Sparty's stores.

Requirements: Must be an enrolled MSU student, positive and respectful, dedicated to outstanding customer service and able to complete tasks in a timely manner. Previous food service experience is preferred but is not required.

Location: Varies

2. Facilities Building Worker   

Duties: Complete tasks that include clean up, repairs or event set up for your chosen residential neighborhood.

Requirements: Must be an enrolled MSU student, positive and respectful, dedicated to outstanding customer service and able to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Location: Varies

3. Student Food Service Assistant 

Duties: Serve students and facility, cooking and preparing food for culinary dining neighborhoods. Students will perform cleanup in the kitchen, or work in the wash room.

Requirements: Must be an enrolled MSU student, positive and respectful, dedicated to outstanding customer service and able to complete tasks in a timely manner. Previous food experience is preferred but not required.

Location: Varies

4. Spartan Spirit Shop Retail Attendant 

Duties: Students provide retail assistance to guests who are shopping for merchandise. Other operations include answering the phone, working the cash register and providing general customer service. 

Requirements: Must be an enrolled MSU student, dedicated to outstanding customer service, motivated, reliable, and able to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Location: 1855 Place

5. Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center positions

Duties: The Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center has multiple jobs for students. From student cook to banquet server to a housekeeping attendant.

Requirements: Must be dedicated to outstanding customer service, able to complete tasks in a timely manner, and have a respectful attitude.

Location: Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center

6. Breslin Center positions

Duties: The Breslin Center offers positions such as ushering, event access control and student marketing assistant positions.

Requirements: Must be an enrolled MSU student, dedicated to outstanding customer service, motivated and able to complete tasks in a timely manner, have good communication skills and be reliable.

Location: Breslin Center

Share and discuss “Your guide to finding a job on Michigan State's campus” on social media.