300 Gotcha scooters to arrive Monday Sept. 23

<p>A Gotcha scooter photographed on Aug. 28, 2019.</p>

A Gotcha scooter photographed on Aug. 28, 2019.

Photo by Matt Zubik | The State News

Three hundred scooters from Gotcha will be available for use by students, faculty and staff starting Monday, as a part of Michigan State's exclusive agreement with the company.

Their arrival is not without delays, originally they planned to arrive last month.

In late August, Gotcha demonstrated their scooters on MSU's campus. Gotcha, a South Carolina-based company, currently operates in 28 states.The scooters will be parked in designated "Gotcha hubs," marked areas specifically for the scooters placed around campus. The scooters will also be permitted to be parked in moped parking spots.

Bird and Lime scooters were temporarily on campus last year, but the exclusivity agreement with Gotcha acts as a ban on any competitor for campus.

The city of East Lansing's regulations allow for any company to sign a leasing agreement to deploy scooters.

Downtown East Lansing will feature 10 hubs with plans for additional hubs in the future.

Users operating the Gotcha scooters while intoxicated will be subject to criminal charges. The speed limit on sidewalks in downtown East Lansing is 10 mph.

Share and discuss “300 Gotcha scooters to arrive Monday Sept. 23” on social media.