Two MSU students charged with threatening to commit terrorism against new MSU president

MSU Police Department cars on Nov. 1, 2018.

Two Michigan State students allegedly threatened to commit an act of terrorism against MSU President Samuel L. Stanley Jr. during the first week of classes.

Jennifer Spicer, 20 and Rami Souguir, 19 were investigated by MSU Police, and the case was sent over to the Ingham County Prosecutor's Office. Bond was set for $10,000 for both individuals.

Court records do not include details of the threats, but show a no-contact order for the pair from President Stanley and his family.

Capt. Doug Monette from MSUPD said there is no current concern for campus safety.

"Through our investigation that we've completed and the investigation that is still ongoing we feel like the campus community is safe at this time," Monette said.

This article has been updated since it was originally published to reflect comment from MSU Police. We will continue to update this story as more credible information becomes available, follow along with The State News for updates.

Share and discuss “Two MSU students charged with threatening to commit terrorism against new MSU president” on social media.