East Lansing Summer Concert Series to begin Friday

Lead guitar, mandolin, banjo, bass, vocals and percussionist Mark Collins plays at the East Lansing Summer Concert Series on July 6, 2018.
Lead guitar, mandolin, banjo, bass, vocals and percussionist Mark Collins plays at the East Lansing Summer Concert Series on July 6, 2018. —
Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

The East Lansing 2019 Summer Concert Series will begin with a performance by Starfarm from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday, July 12 in the downtown Ann Street Plaza at the corner of Albert and M.A.C. Avenues.

Starfarm has been an East Lansing-based 80’s pop cover band since 2001and is known for their tracksuits, leg warmers, headbands and sunglasses.

Community members are invited for the event and are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets. Outdoor dining is available at the surrounding restaurants, according to a city press release.

The full 2019 Summer Concert Series lineup is available on the City of East Lansing website. Concerts will be hosted each Friday through August 30.

Albert Avenue — from M.A.C. Avenue to Grove Street — will be closed to traffic from approximately 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. for the days of the concert series.

Parking is available at the Grove Street garage, the M.A.C. Avenue garage and the CVS parking garage.

Share and discuss “East Lansing Summer Concert Series to begin Friday” on social media.