Here is a list of events you can attend and things you can do in the East Lansing area this summer.
Things to do in the East Lansing area this summer
Bike along the river trail from MSU to downtown Lansing
Kayak on the Red Cedar River
The Summer Solstice Jazz Festival will be from June 21-22 at the Founder's Stage in downtown East Lansing. The East Lansing Summer Concert Series will take place July 12, 19 and 26 and August 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 at 7 p.m. in Ann Street Plaza. Music in the Garden: Harp Recital will be in the W.J. Beal Botanical Gardens at 7 p.m. on August 15.
There are also several music festivals in Lansing:
- Riverside music festival Dam Jam at 5 p.m. on June 6.
- The LUVS Concert in Moores Park WSG Karma Bellydance & Slavistar at 7 p.m. on June 12.
- Three Stacks Music Festival at 1 p.m. on June 22.
- Common Ground Music Festival June 27 to June 30.
- Jazz Fest August 2 and 3.
Attend artsy workshops
Do you want the news without having to hunt for it? Sign up for our morning s'newsletter. It's everything your friends are talking about and then some. And it's free!
Some of these events include:
- A Puppet Making Workshop will be held at 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on July 9.
- Using the art of Improv to save the world will be at 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on July 13.
- You can create a Butterfly Garden at the Broad Art Lab from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. July 23-28.
- There are “Studio (in)Process” workshops each Thursday at 6 p.m. in the Broad Art Lab. The topic of each workshop varies.
Tour exhibits at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum
The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum is open from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m Tuesday to Sunday. Visitors can tour the museum for free.
Some of the current exhibitions are The Edge of Things: Dissident Art under Repressive Regimes, Ruth Morgan and Spirit Molecule.
Go to the MSU Observatory
There will be public observing nights at the MSU Observatory June 7-8, July 5-6 and August 9-10.
Members of the public can look in telescopes and astronomers will be on hand to answer questions, according to the Observatory website.