Tuesday, March 19, 2024

East Lansing Family Aquatic Center to open June 1

<p>Okemos residents David Kousa, 6, left, and Elijah Kousa, 2, play in the pool during the 2014 Summer Splash event, July 30, 2014, at the East Lansing Family Aquatic Center. Activities at the event included a sand castle building contest, a belly flop contest and a balloon toss. Corey Damocles/The State News </p>

Okemos residents David Kousa, 6, left, and Elijah Kousa, 2, play in the pool during the 2014 Summer Splash event, July 30, 2014, at the East Lansing Family Aquatic Center. Activities at the event included a sand castle building contest, a belly flop contest and a balloon toss. Corey Damocles/The State News

Photo by Corey Damocles | The State News

The East Lansing Family Aquatic Center, at 6400 Abbot Road, is set to open Saturday, June 1 for the 2019 summer season. The season runs through Monday, September 2. Specific hours vary and are dependent on weather.

The facility’s features include a 190-foot tube slide, a 140-foot body water slide, splash park, a youth frog slide, a diving board, a sunbathing deck and interactive water-play structures.

Patrons gain entry by purchasing either a daily pass, a 10-visit pass or a season pass. A combo pass is available, which also grants entry to the East Lansing Hannah Community Center.

Daily passes are $7 for residents and $11 for non-residents. Toddlers 2 and under are free, seniors ages 60 and up receive $1.00 off, and everyone receives $1 off after 5:00 p.m., according to the city of East Lansing’s automated phone message. Group rates and private after-hour rentals are also available.

For residents, 10-day passes are $45 and season passes are $80 for the first person and $60 for each following person. For non-residents those prices are $75, $130 and $80 respectively. Proof of residency must be shown to qualify for discounts.

The center accepts cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover as payment methods. More information is available on the city's website with contact information listed for additional questions.

Share and discuss “East Lansing Family Aquatic Center to open June 1” on social media.