PREVIEW: Michigan State, Minnesota for three-game series starting Friday

<p>Sophomore pitcher Alli Walker (19) winds up during the game against Oakland on April 3, 2019 at Secchia Stadium. The Spartans beat the Golden Grizzlies, 11-3.</p>

Sophomore pitcher Alli Walker (19) winds up during the game against Oakland on April 3, 2019 at Secchia Stadium. The Spartans beat the Golden Grizzlies, 11-3.

Photo by Sylvia Jarrus | The State News

Currently on a three-win streak, the Spartans (15-22, 3-6 Big Ten) are looking to continue their success as they go into the weekend.

The Golden Gophers have an overall record of 27-10 and a Big Ten record of 8-1. Both teams have faced Maryland this season in three game series, with Minnesota winning all three games and Michigan State winning two out of the three. With both teams being in the midwest, each have had similar situations when it comes to weather and practice.

Only one of Minnesota’s games has been cut short due to weather, however they have not had to postpone or cancel a game so far this season. MSU has had to cancel three games so far this season, with one of them being in The Purple Classic Tournament. Minnesota has only had three home games so far this season, as MSU has hosted eight games at Secchia Stadium.

When the teams last met in 2018, each team won one game against each other in their double header on April 8. The Spartans won the first game 3-2, and the Golden Gophers won the second game 6-2. Michigan State is hoping to gain redemption after last season from Minnesota.

The games will be broadcasted via webcast on BTN2Go and are available to listen to on The Spartan Sports Network via radio broadcast. Live stats will be available on msuspartans.com.

MSU will face No. 19/12 Minnesota for a three game series starting Friday, April 12. They will play at 7 p.m. EDT Friday, then 2.p.m EDT Saturday and 1 p.m. EDT Sunday.

Share and discuss “PREVIEW: Michigan State, Minnesota for three-game series starting Friday” on social media.