Three different ways to make a March Madness Bracket

Sparty enters the court before the men's basketball game against Ohio State at Breslin Center on Feb. 17, 2019. The Spartans defeated the Buckeyes, 62-44. Nic Antaya/The State News
Sparty enters the court before the men's basketball game against Ohio State at Breslin Center on Feb. 17, 2019. The Spartans defeated the Buckeyes, 62-44. Nic Antaya/The State News —
Photo by Nic Antaya | The State News

It is that time of year again and March Madness brackets lock at noon on March 21. Sometimes it can be rough choosing what team to take all the way, so here are some of the best tips to help you decide.

Scariest Mascot

Sometimes it is not about the players, but how scary a team's mascot can be. A weak mascot cannot take home the NCAA tournament. Personally, the Bradley University Braves' mascot, Kaboom the gargoyle is frightening. Being as strong as stone, the Braves have the possibility of taking home the tournament title.

screen-shot-2019-03-19-at-4-49-14-pm

Best Team Colors

When it comes to choosing a team, keep in mind that the colors they wear on their backs represent them. In some situations, the teams had the same colors, this is when the design of the team's uniforms becomes important. The University of North Carolina has several shades of blue as their main colors. Their choice of colors are both calming yet distinctive and original. They have a high chance of winning the tournament with these dominant colors.

screen-shot-2019-03-19-at-4-48-38-pm

Old and Wise Coach

You know the old saying "another year older, another year wiser." Could this possibly be applied to basketball? With Syracuse's head coach Jim Boeheim at age 74, he is bound to have great advice and coaching experience to give to his players. The Orange might win with the assistance of Boeheim.

screen-shot-2019-03-19-at-7-52-12-pm

Share and discuss “Three different ways to make a March Madness Bracket” on social media.