'Face to Face' discussion to put world events in local perspective

A panel to discuss various world events — including mass shootings, President Donald Trump's travel ban and the calls to build a wall at the U.S.-Mexico border — will be held at the Hannah Community Center Wednesday, March 27 at 5:30 p.m.

The discussion is titled “Face to Face: A Conversation About Bans, Walls and Mass Shootings.” Events like the Parkland shooting in Florida and Tree of Life shooting in Pennsylvania are cited as reasons for the necessity of the program.

Along with the discussion among panel members, the conversation will be open to the community. The focus is to help move past the despair and trauma events like the ones named can cause.

This event is just one of a series set in East Lansing to spark conversation in the community and encourage discussions revolving around the topics of diversity and inclusion.

The event is hosted by the MSU College of Education, the City of East Lansing, the East Lansing Human Relations Commission and the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Commission of Mid-Michigan.

Along with dialogue and new understandings, resources around the community for healing will be shared. The event is open to the public, and refreshments will be served.

Share and discuss “'Face to Face' discussion to put world events in local perspective” on social media.