MSU Dairy Store unveils new "Polar Vortex" flavor

<p>Kinesology freshman Ceci Kieliszewski takes psychology freshman Sydney Rivard's order Sept. 15, 2014, at the Dairy Store in Anthony Hall. Students are able to order ice cream and cheeses that are processed on Michigan State's campus. Aerika Williams/The State News </p>

Kinesology freshman Ceci Kieliszewski takes psychology freshman Sydney Rivard's order Sept. 15, 2014, at the Dairy Store in Anthony Hall. Students are able to order ice cream and cheeses that are processed on Michigan State's campus. Aerika Williams/The State News

The MSU Dairy Store introduced its newest ice cream flavor Wednesday: MSU Polar Vortex.

The flavor is made with bourbon ice cream, butter fudge swirl, chocolate-covered caramel cups and brownie pieces. It got its name from the winter conditions in late January that prompted Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to declare a state of emergency.

Sub-zero temperatures and intense snowfall caused the university to suspend classes from Jan. 30 to Jan. 31.

Only critical employees came in for work on campus. MSU Polar Vortex was named in appreciation for the individuals who worked during the snow days, according to a Facebook post from the MSU Dairy Store.

"From (Infrastructure Planning and Facilities) to the chefs to the police officers and everyone in between, we want to thank each and every individual for their hard work with an ice cream for all to enjoy," MSU Dairy Store said in the post.

Share and discuss “MSU Dairy Store unveils new "Polar Vortex" flavor” on social media.