MSU Writing Center to launch Multimedia Writing Center

<p>Accounting sophomore Jiayun Sun receives help from psychology senior Rachel Huang while writing a personal statement for class Sept. 16, 2014, at the Writing Center at Bessey Hall. The center helps students strengthen their writing by providing one-on-one sessions. Julia Nagy/The State News</p>

Accounting sophomore Jiayun Sun receives help from psychology senior Rachel Huang while writing a personal statement for class Sept. 16, 2014, at the Writing Center at Bessey Hall. The center helps students strengthen their writing by providing one-on-one sessions. Julia Nagy/The State News

Photo by Julia Nagy | The State News

The Writing Center at MSU is launching the Multimedia Writing Center Feb. 25. It will “help students with projects that go beyond written words,” a press release said.

The Multimedia Writing Center began as a pilot program in fall 2017 and has already helped numerous students make their work more effective, according to the release.

Some of the projects the center can help with are videos, audio and visuals for first-year writing courses, graduate student personal websites, designing Wordpress websites and creating PowerPoint presentations.

Consultants are trained in design principles — including Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Audacity and Adobe Premiere — that will help students’ work stand out, the press release said. 

The Multimedia Writing Center is located in room 201K of the MSU Library Digital Scholarship Lab on the second floor of the Main Library. 

Share and discuss “MSU Writing Center to launch Multimedia Writing Center ” on social media.