Two Michigan State student entrepreneurs chosen for national fellowship

<p>Kinesiology junior Brianna Makaric is the&nbsp;founder of "BRITE bites," a probiotic snack company. She is one of the two MSU students chosen for a prestigious entrepreneurial fellowship program. Photo courtesy of the Eli Broad College of Business.</p>

Kinesiology junior Brianna Makaric is the founder of "BRITE bites," a probiotic snack company. She is one of the two MSU students chosen for a prestigious entrepreneurial fellowship program. Photo courtesy of the Eli Broad College of Business.

Future Founders, a national non-profit organization that assists in the development of young entrepreneurs, chose two Michigan State students for a prestigious fellowship program.

Kinesiology junior Brianna Makaric and finance senior Bailey Paxton — both founders of companies — are among 18 student innovators from across the country that Future Founders chose for this program. They will take part in a year-long fellowship that develops their entrepreneurial skills and their businesses. 

Makaric is the founder of BRITE Bites, a probiotic snack company geared towards people who lead active lifestyles and have trouble finding foods both healthy and convenient. 

“I am excited to begin working with the other fellows who are ambitious, like-minded entrepreneurs," Makaric said in the press release. "This opportunity will allow me to take BRITE bites to the next level with the mentorship and programming offered."

Paxton is the founder of AgileCare Solutions, a company aiming to provide comfort to seniors in their homes by giving caregivers access to an app that keeps track of their wellness. AgileCare is the fourth start-up Paxton created since beginning college, the press release said. 

“I’m really excited and extremely honored to be a part of it. It’s a great program,” Paxton said in the press release. 

Aside from running their companies, Makaric and Paxton are also involved with the MSU Hatch — a space in downtown East Lansing designed for students to develop business ideas. 

“Bailey and Brianna are two wonderful examples of the hundreds of driven and energetic Spartans who are innovating, exploring and creating in our entrepreneurship and innovation program,” Dean of the Eli Broad College of Business Sanjay Gupta said in the press release. “We are confident that they are the leading edge of a flood of innovators who will define tomorrow’s business successes.

Share and discuss “Two Michigan State student entrepreneurs chosen for national fellowship” on social media.