MSU student dies in plane crash off Florida coast

Beaumont Tower on July 30, 2018.
Beaumont Tower on July 30, 2018. —
Photo by Annie Barker | The State News

Engineering freshman Daniel Renzulli died on Dec. 20 after the plane his father was piloting crashed off the coast of Florida. 

Renzulli and his father, Peter, were returning to New Jersey from Orlando when their plane disappeared from the radar after 30 minutes, according to First Coast News. The disappearance prompted a 52-hour search that Coast Guard officials called off on Dec. 22. 

Attorney Justin A. Marchetta, who represents the Renzulli family, told Bridgewater Courier News that “Peter and Daniel are accomplished pilots and their disappearance is heartbreaking." 

Daniel Renzulli is from Bridgewater, New Jersey and was a resident of Wonders Hall. 

Wonders Hall staff notified MSU students living in the hall of his death on Tuesday and directed residents to MSU's Office of Student Affairs and Services for support and grief resources during this time.  

Members of Daniel Renzulli's fraternity will be hosting an event to honor him and his family at 6 p.m. on Friday at The Rock on Farm Lane. It is open to the entire MSU community.

Share and discuss “MSU student dies in plane crash off Florida coast” on social media.