Scott, Tebay win seats on the MSU Board of Trustees

<p>Brianna Scott talks to members of the audience at her watch party Nov. 6, 2018.&nbsp;</p>

Brianna Scott talks to members of the audience at her watch party Nov. 6, 2018. 

Photo by Matt Schmucker | The State News

After a long period of counting, Brianna Scott and Kelly Tebay have secured the two open seats on the MSU Board of Trustees. 

For a more in-depth look at Scott and Tebay's future on the Board, read this story.

There was slim margin statewide between the second and third-most votes over 16 hours after polls closed. Scott won with 24.01 percent of the vote, and Tebay with 23.5 percent.

Even with five precincts in Wayne County left unreported, the votes left to be counted cannot surpass Tebay’s 196,035 lead.

The Board of Trustees race is of particular importance to MSU students, some of whom have called on the current board to resign in light of ex-MSU and USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar’s crimes.

At her election party last night, Scott said people across the state resonated with her campaign message. 

“People believe that I am the change agent that can make a difference at Michigan State," Scott said. 

Share and discuss “Scott, Tebay win seats on the MSU Board of Trustees” on social media.