Michigan State men's basketball drops one spot to No. 11 in AP poll

Red shirt senior forward Kenny Goins (25) blocks the ball during the game against Florida Gulf Coast University at Breslin Center on Nov. 11, 2018. The Spartans defeated the Eagles, 106-82.

Michigan State men's basketball dropped one spot to No. 11 in the latest AP poll rankings released Monday afternoon. This is the first time Michigan State has been ranked outside of the top-10 since the start of last season.

The Spartans kicked off the season with a 92-87 loss to then-No. 1 Kansas at State Farm Champions Classic last week, and rebounded with a 106-82 win over Florida Gulf Coast Sunday evening.

Two other Big Ten teams remained in the rankings as both No. 18 Michigan and No. 23 Purdue moved up a spot after winning their first two games. Other Big Ten teams that received votes are Indiana (131), Nebraska (41), Wisconsin (32), Maryland (28) and Ohio State (14).

The complete AP Top 25 poll is listed below:

1. Duke

2. Kansas

3. Gonzaga

4. Virginia

5. Tennessee

6. Nevada

7. North Carolina

8. Villanova

9. Auburn

10. Kentucky

11. Michigan State

12. Kansas State

13. Oregon

14. Florida State 

15. Syracuse

16. Virginia Tech

17. Mississippi State

18. Michigan 

19. Clemson

20. UCLA

21. TCU

22. LSU

23. Purdue

24. Marquette

25. Buffalo

The Spartans return to action Wednesday evening against Louisiana Monroe. Tipoff is scheduled for 7 p.m. EST at the Breslin Center.

Share and discuss “Michigan State men's basketball drops one spot to No. 11 in AP poll” on social media.