Democrat Jocelyn Benson is Michigan’s next Secretary of State

Democratic candidate for Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson. Photo courtesy of the Jocelyn Benson for Secretary of State campaign.
Democratic candidate for Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson. Photo courtesy of the Jocelyn Benson for Secretary of State campaign. —
Photo by C.J. Moore | The State News

Democrat Jocelyn Benson was elected as Michigan’s next Secretary of State in the 2018 midterm elections.

As of 1:43 a.m., Benson had 52 percent of the 3,319,393 votes cast in Michigan, according to New York Times election results

In Ingham County, she obtained 63,170 of 98,675 total votes, beating out Republican Mary Treder Lang, Libertarian Gregory Scott Stempfle and U.S. Taxpayers Party candidate Robert Gale. 

“I am honored that a majority of Michigan citizens heard our message and chose the candidate who will work as hard as they do,” Benson said in a press release. “With the election behind us, we’ll get to work on the priorities that have guided us throughout the campaign, including our 30-Minute Guarantee to deliver service in branch offices in 30 minutes or less.”  

Share and discuss “Democrat Jocelyn Benson is Michigan’s next Secretary of State” on social media.