Events to be held on MSU's campus to honor veterans

<p>Communication and psychology senior Eric Hill speaks with Okemos resident Carol Beecher and East Lansing resident William Beecher during a Veterans Day ceremony Nov. 11, 2013, at Burcham Hills Retirement Community, 2700 Burcham Dr. Cadets and veterans were given American flag pins and certificates during a ceremony thanking them for their service. Danyelle Morrow/The State News</p>

Communication and psychology senior Eric Hill speaks with Okemos resident Carol Beecher and East Lansing resident William Beecher during a Veterans Day ceremony Nov. 11, 2013, at Burcham Hills Retirement Community, 2700 Burcham Dr. Cadets and veterans were given American flag pins and certificates during a ceremony thanking them for their service. Danyelle Morrow/The State News

Photo by Danyelle Morrow | The State News

By Karly Graham

To celebrate and honor veterans and military families, MSU’s Veterans Day Committee is hosting various events between Monday, Nov. 5 and Sunday, Nov. 11. 

The events provide students the opportunity to learn about and understand the different aspects of what veterans and their families have experienced. 

From Nov. 5 to Nov. 8, a “Lunch ’N Learn” is being held in Room 6 of the Student Services Building. Each day has a different conversation topic, ranging from why veterans are important to different organizations to how to handle being a military family. 

To end the night of Nov. 8, a Veterans Day dinner is being held at The Vista in Shaw Hall. Veterans receive $3 off their dinner price. 

An MSU Veterans Day Celebration Brunch will be held Friday, Nov. 9 in the MSU Student Union Ballroom and is open to anyone interested as long as tickets last.

On Sunday, Nov. 11 at 11 a.m., the Armistice Bell Ringing Ceremony will be held, marking 100 years since Armistice Day. This was the day that the Allies and Central Powers both agreed to a ceasefire, thus ending the first world war. 

The MSU Museum also has a war and propaganda exhibit open until Nov. 11 and is available during the museum's open hours. A special tour is being run on Nov. 9 and is free, but donations are accepted. 

Share and discuss “Events to be held on MSU's campus to honor veterans” on social media.