Lansing Turkey Trot to take place Thanksgiving morning

<p>Participants cross the finish line at the Lansing Turkey Trot 5K. Photo courtesy of the Michigan Running Foundation.</p>

Participants cross the finish line at the Lansing Turkey Trot 5K. Photo courtesy of the Michigan Running Foundation.

The 18th annual Lansing Turkey Trot 5K will take place Thanksgiving morning, Nov. 22.

Sign-up packet pickup and race day registration will begin at 7:30 a.m. on the first floor of the Lansing Community College Commons.

This year’s route includes a scenic tour of downtown Lansing and the Capitol Christmas Tree. Runners and walkers of all experience levels are encouraged to register for this event.

The Turkey Trot is put on by the Michigan Running Foundation, which puts on events to help support middle and high school cross-country and track programs. All proceeds from this event will go towards these programs. 

Registration is $20, while ages 18 and under are $18. The last day to ensure a T-shirt with registration is Nov. 16. After Nov. 16, the price goes up to $25 until Nov. 21 and does not guarantee an event t-shirt. 

Pre-race packet pick-up is Nov. 20 and 21 from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Playmakers, 2299 W. Grand River Ave. in Okemos.

Registration will be available on race day for $30, but a shirt is not guaranteed. Dressing up is encouraged but not required.

There is free parking for the event in the Lansing Community College ramp located in downtown Lansing. Parking is also available on Capitol Avenue and Washington Street.

Share and discuss “Lansing Turkey Trot to take place Thanksgiving morning” on social media.